As each has received a gift, use it to serve one another, as good stewards of God’s varied grace: whoever speaks, as one who speaks oracles of God; whoever serves, as one who serves by the strength that God supplies—in order that in everything God may be glorified through Jesus Christ. To him belong glory and dominion forever and ever. Amen. 1 Peter 4:10-11
The Uplift Outreach Serve expression is made up of individuals who are using their gifts and talents to glorify God by serving others. We serve others by demonstrating God’s love in practical ways by caring for the felt needs within our communities and sphere of influence. Simple and practical acts of kindness can open hearts to the love of Jesus for both those being served and those serving.
We want every person who is passionate about helping others to effectively use their gifts to build up the body of Christ and extend the Kingdom of God.
Serve Day is an amazing opportunity to bless others and be blessed. We will go out into our communities and show the love of Christ in real and tangible ways. We are encouraging to join us as a group on SERVE Day July 11, 2015.
** Email firstname.lastname@example.org to volunteer **
We will partner with the City of Laurel on a city service project from 10am-12noon in July 11, 2015.
• Host a free garage sale
• Bring free lunches to construction workers and servicemen in your area
• Hand out free gum at a local park
• Clean up a widow’s or single mom’s yard
• Give out free sunscreen at a city park
• Give out free bottled water
• Plan a “Back to School Bash” for foster care children. Have free food, games, and a backpack/school supply giveaway
• Give out free donuts and coffee at bus stop or shopping center
• Host a free car wash for the faculty
• Minor car repairs for elderly, widows and/or single mom’s
• Kids host a free kids toys and games garage sale
• Kids host a free lemonade stand
• Deliver fresh flowers to the residents
• Host a worship service at a nursing home (offer worship, devotions, prayer, and fellowship)
• Throw a “Senior Prom” complete with live music, food, and decorations
• Landscape a flower garden and sitting area for resident
• Have kids make crafts (necklaces, wooden crosses) that can be given to residents
• Distribute chips and sodas to residents & employees (check with staff on food restrictions)
• Tea Party
• Help the residents complete care packages for foster kids
• Serve free coffee, energy drinks, and snacks to staff and those waiting in the emergency room
• Give out healthy snacks to patients of chemotherapy
• Deliver small gifts to patients and families in the children’s ward (toys, care packages, etc)
• Prayer visits with patients and those in emergency room
• Take care-packages with snacks, sweets and small gift items (lotions, magazines, puzzles etc.) to families of hospitalized children.